- Experience in either a MD role or as a Regional / Divisional Director for a large Road Construction and Civil Engineering Company.
- Experience in leading and managing multi-disciplinary teams encompassing Commercial, Construction and Pre-construction functions .
- Experience of strategy development.
- Experience of change management and evolving strategy into workable solutions.
- Ability to develop strategies and plans which align to the business plan.
- Ability to contribute and deliver at a strategic level and deliver results to achieve targets .
- Ability to priorities workload and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Commitment to customer satisfaction through achievement of quality.
- Strong analytical and IT skills.
- Comprehensive knowledge of current Construction matters, trends and best practice.
- Ability to drive margin improvements through structured efficiency programmes.
USD 4000 to USD 5000 / month
- Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering and Registration with COREN.
- 15+ years of experience in various aspects of road and bridge construction planning, management and Civil Engineering Experience with construction management software packages and Microsoft Office.
- Must have strong people skills and the ability to interact with the Government Officials and Prospective clients.
Client Description :
- Our client is a leading infrastructure development & Management company.They are into Renewable Energy, Power, Water, Communication and Technology, also offer solutions from design and construction to operation and maintenance.
- Role and Responsibilities:-Delivery of Annual Targets
- Prepares and owns annual budgets and targets and drives the Construction Community to achieve these targets.
- Provides strategic guidance, support and challenge to ensure delivery of the targets.
- Puts systems, processes and meeting structures in place to monitor progress.
- Puts resource strategies in place and manages resource costs to overhead budgets.
- Works with the Group Sales function to convert pipeline sales to order book and determine approach to customer projects.
- Balances the competing demands of the Construction Communities to achieve the best result for the Company.
- Provides strategic guidance to the production of the pre-construction programmes.
- Delivers high quality projects and effectively hands them over to customers.
- Develops and monitors the after sales support strategy for projects including the management of the defects liability period and collection of retentions.
- Puts strategies in place to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction across all projects.
- Strategy and Long-term Business Improvements
- In conjunction with the Group Managing Director, develop a business plan setting out the strategies which will deliver the organisations longer-term goals.
- Understands customer’s needs and how these are being fulfilled by the Construction Community and ensures that positive and negative feedback is acted upon.
- Leads product and service development and efficiency projects to deliver improved margins over the long-term whilst maintaining the delivery of excellent customer service.
- Sets challenging commercial targets to drive performance improvements.
- Sets a culture of continuous improvement including the set-up of processes and committees to learn and share best practice.
- Leadership and People
- Provides leadership and strategic guidance, chairing Operations Board meetings and supporting the development of business strategies to deliver the required levels of profitability.
- Construction Communities
- Ensures that the Construction Communities plan is effectively communicated and that all colleagues have accountabilities and targets aligned to the achievement of this business plan.
- Supported by the Head of HR leads the development of a performance culture which drives performance on a day to day and annual basis.
- Liaises with the Head of HR to develop strategies for Construction which drive engagement and ensure that colleagues are delivering in line with the Company’s purpose, values and policies and procedures.
- Reviews the Best Companies (Engagement) results, communicates the results and puts in place effective action plans to deliver engagement improvements on an annual basis.
- Puts in place Succession and Personal Development Plans seeking out future organisational talent.
- Provides mentoring support to direct team and other colleagues across the business in line with the succession plans.
- Financial / Risk Management
- Owns the Health and Safety policy for Construction and puts processes and systems in place to monitor its compliance and share best practice.
- Puts in place effective risk management processes to identify, quantify, monitor and minimise risks in projects.
- Provides strategic guidance, support and challenge to ensure effective cost forecasting and cost management of projects.
- Ensures that there are effective contract and documentation procedures in place to deliver legally complaint projects and minimise costs and risks.
- Reports Construction performance to the Group board highlighting results and risk.
- Signs off projects through the various stages from feasibility through to construction.
- Liaises with the Chief Finance Officer to track the financial performance of Construction and ensures that Finance receive accurate information in a timely and organised manner.
- Puts reporting structures in place to monitor project progress, risks and costs reporting into: (i) Construction Operations Board (ii) Business Review meetings with Group Managing Director (iii) Board meetings (iv) Forecasting and forward planning.