Chief Operations Officer (COO)
- Minimum of 12 years cumulative experience, 3 of which must have been in a managerial role ( Preferably in Nigeria )
- Engineering project management experience
- Manpower management
- Business development
USD 5000 to USD 6000 / month
- Bachelor's degree – Engineering / Management
- Minimum of 7 years cumulative experience, 3 of which must have been in a managerial role
- Must possess strategic perspective and strong analytical skills.
- Financial / commercial management exposure
- Business development
- Client relation management
- Problem solving skills and the ability to assess and resolve technical issues in a timely manner
- Review and amend operational procedures
- Knowledge of codes and standards as well as safety and regulatory requirements applicable to the business needs.
- Collaborative approach
- Teamwork skills.
- Technical report writing abilities.
- Reliability, sound judgment and discretion.
Client Description :
- Our client is a leading infrastructure development & Management company. They are into Renewable Energy, Power, Water, Communication and Technology, also offer solutions from design and construction to operation and maintenance.
- Role and Responsibilities
- Develop systems and processes necessary for the human resource management, tracking, planning and execution of projects.
- Prepare annual, quarterly and monthly OPEX and CAPEX budgets and ensure business runs optimally within approved budget.
- Define and implement strategies and policies that will enhance operational efficiency and productivity across the business.
- Streamline existing business processes and ensure adherence by staf.f
- Attend clients meetings for ongoing and prospective projects. Determine project requirements and assign staff. Oversee and maintain liaison between all parties concerned with the project to facilitate any changes or modifications and to facilitate resolution of project bottlenecks.
- Oversee the development of relevant project proposals and budgets and recommend approval of them before submission to clients.
- Advise on and be involved in the hiring of operation staff.
- Conduct performance evaluation of staff.
- Create job descriptions training programs, continuing education and career path for operation staff
- Analyse short and long term resource needs and adjust human and material resources accordingly.
- Ensure completion of deliverables and adherence to timelines; track milestones and timelines across projects and institute necessary work flow, personnel and financial resource allocations, making alterations when necessary to meet expectation of clients; analyze and resolve issues that have the potential to jeopardize performance and or to meet agreed upon deliverables; analyze financial and operational reports.
- Maintain records of expenses and approve payment for contractors. Track milestones, and inform accounts department as these levels are attained so invoices can be sent in a timely manner.
- Proactively identify changes in work scope and ensure appropriate planning measures are taken with internal and external clients to reassess, renegotiate and amend scope of work responsibilities, proposals, contracts and budgets.
- Identify trendsetter business development ideas by researching industry and related events, publications, and announcements.
- Recommend and develop new business opportunities.
- Screen potential business deals by analyzing market strategies, deal requirements, and financials.
- Examine risks and potentials for the business opportunities.
- Close new business deals by coordinating requirements; developing and negotiating contracts; and integrating contract requirements with business operations.
- Protect organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Identify, establish and maintain business relationships.
- Overall responsibility for the P&L.
- Perform any other duties incidental to the work described herein or as assigned by the CEO.
- Key Performance Areas
- Develop new business and increase client base
- Reduce OPEX across the business
- Increase P&L profitability
- Develop new business opportunities outside current business streams
- Inputs / contributions across group companies
- Client relationship development / management
- On time invoicing
- Ensure effective and appropriate use of company assets.
- Maintain expenses within project budget.
- Increased turnover
- Liaisons with customer representative to ensure quality and time targets are met.
- Supervision and direction of staff and/or sub-contractors to ensure works executed to the defined quality and time scale.
- Reporting of progress and issues impacting on delivery.
- Co-operation with peers and superiors to resolve issues.
- Act as a mentor; demonstrate and teach the practical components of the work to less experienced supervisors and staff.